Monday, August 16, 2010

UCLA = :D, Coconut Flour= :(

Today I realized, yet again, UCLA is the greatest :) I'm in the process of making a schedule of classes and yesterday I came upon a WONDERFUL minor! It's called Civic Engagement and involves classes in world cultures, urban planning, and sociology as an undergrad, followed by a local, state, or national internship of interest to you! It takes a bit more work than a typical minor because you have to organize it all and present it with only the guidance of a faculty member, but it allows a ton of freedom and opportunity to study what TRULY interests you!

On top of THAT wonderful news, today I went to campus to ask a bunch of questions about Orientation and transfer credits and I decided to practice walking around from the parking lot where I got assigned parking. After walking back and forth across campus to do all my errands, I realized just how wonderfully central the lot is!! I can't believe how lucky I got!! (It's not guaranteed to get parking at all!) Check out how great this is:



Unfortunately some of my questions didn't get answered and I didn't solve the problem of what I'll eat at orientation, but all around I had a realllly pleasant time!

I broke my water bottle while walking around so I brought a new one!



Unfortunately, I wasn't wearing sunscreen :S hope I can exfoliate it off!



ALSOOO I ate a WONDERFUL Creamy Lemon Ginger Kale Salad today for the first time in a couple weeks!! I made it last night so it could soak up all the dressing and such and it was soooooo good :)



scrags was curious when I was takin the pic :)




Here's whats inside:

1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 stalks celery, sliced superfine
3 bunches bok choy
1/3 sweet onion, sliced thin
the rest of my crimini mushrooms! mm!
sesame and flax seed

dressing:
1 inch ginger
1 clove garlic
few sprigs lemon thyme and oregano
one sage leaf
salt
pepper
1 tbs tahini
juice of 1/2 a lemon!

I also rearranged a vase of flowers (half were dead) and thought I did a pretty good job :)






Off to Chicago in a couple hours for a 24 hour trip! Hope it all goes well!

Keep smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment